Whether you're thinking about selling your home or not, adding value to your home is a great way to spend your money. Increasing the value of your home through simple upgrades can be easy DIY projects that you and your family can complete on the weekend. Check out these simple tips that can increase the value of your home.
- Paint -- Add a fresh coat of paint to the walls. Stick to something neutral and light if the space is small.
- Landscaping -- Prune and trim existing landscaping, replace dead shrubs and keep the lawn mowed regularly.
- Update your bathroom -- It doesn't have to all be at once! Start with the sink faucet, paint the cabinetry and maybe upgrade to ceramic tile flooring one day.
- Upgrade to energy efficient appliances -- Swap out old appliances for new, stainless, energy-efficient appliances.
- Update your kitchen -- Just like the bathroom, it doesn't have to be done at once! Paint cabinetry yourself, or just upgrade knobs and hardware. Install a simple tile back splash and de-clutter the countertops!
- Add recessed lighting -- Recessed lighting can make a room so much brighter and larger feeling! If you can't add recessed lighting, consider upgrading light fixtures.
- Do away with heavy draperies and curtains and let natural light in -- Heavy, dark curtains are a thing of the past. Instead opt for sheer curtains or no curtains at all and let the light shine in!
- Maintain regular maintenance -- Don't forego maintenance on your home. Maintaining your home and keeping it clean will add great value to your home.
If you're looking for some simple DIY projects this spring, why not do something that will add value to your home! If you're interested in adding value to your home in hopes of selling your home, give us a call! Our local agents at Chalk & Gibbs are here to help!