Are you thinking about selling your home on the Crystal Coast? Whether you're downsizing, needing more space for your growing family or relocating to a new town or state, there are certain things you should do before putting your home up for sale. Here are some tips to help you prepare your home for listing here in eastern North Carolina.
1. Clean up the exterior of your home. If the exterior of your home looks rough, potential buyers may not even bother to look inside. Power-wash your home, clean up landscaping, de-clutter porches, organize your storage sheds, etc.
2. Inspect your home for repairs. Before listing your home, you willw ant to make any repairs so that your home is in the best condition to attract more buyers that are ready for a move-in-ready home. Fix that broken window or leaking faucet.
3. Remove clutter. We already discussed de-cluttering your porches. It's important to comb through your entire home and de-clutter each and every room. Also, make sure to remove personalized belongings such as photos, monogrammed pillows and other items. Store these things for when you move to your next home. A clean and simple home will allow potential buyers to picture their life there.
4. Deep clean. Scrub your baseboards, dust ceiling fans and make sure your home is squeaky clean. Although it's important to keep your home clean and tidy during the entire time your home is for sale, give it one good deep clean after you've de-cluttered and organize.
5. Neutralize. From your decorative accents to the paint on your walls, neutral colors will appeal to a larger number of buyers. Potential buyers may get thrown off by a dark blue or lime green room in your home.
For assistance selling your home here on the Crystal Coast, give us a call today! Our experienced real estate experts are here to help you and your family sell your home and find the new home of your dreams.