Emerald Isle is a beautiful beach town situated on the west end of the barrier island that separates the mainland from the Atlantic Ocean. This small town is occupied partly by year-round residents as well as second-homeowners that spend the warmers months at the beach. Emerald Isle is a great place for family and fun no matter if you’re a full time resident or a visitor. Check out these things you can do in Emerald Isle.
- Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier. The original pier house, built in 1973, is currently being rebuilt with plans to open in March.
- Beaching & Boating. Emerald Isle is lined with beautiful sandy beaches that are open to the public. Carry out your beach chairs and hang out and enjoy the day and crystal blue waters. Rent a boat and explore the marshlands and islands from Emerald Isle to Swansboro.
- Surfing. The Atlantic Ocean is known for it’s moderate rolling waves that are fun for all surfers no matter what their experience and skill level.
- St. Patrick’s Day Festival. Each year, Emerald Isle throws a St. Patrick’s Day Festival. This year, come on out on March 12th from 9am to 6pm at the Emerald Plantation. Enjoy over 75 arts and crafts vendors, food vendors, Oak Grove Stables petting zoo and rides, clowns and static displays as well as amusement rides, face painters and more! Click here for more info.
- Golfing. Emerald Isle is surrounded by amazing, challenging and fun golf courses! Click below to learn more about each golf club.
Country Club of the Crystal Coast, Pine Knoll Shores
Star Hill Golf Club, Cape Carteret
Silver Creek Golf Club, Peletier
Brandywine Bay Golf Club, Morehead City
Beaufort Club Golf Club, Beaufort
- Local shopping & restaurants. From unique beach crafts to local foods and gifts, you can find great coastal shopping in Emerald Isle. Dine at locally owned restaurants that utilize the local environment to provide fresh seafood and local delicacies.
To learn more about Emerald Isle and the surrounding towns, contact Chalk & Gibbs today! We can help you find the perfect home that you and your family will love and enjoy. Let us help make the beach your home!