Christmas is just one week away! Are you ready? In just a few short days you may have family coming into town to stay with you and celebrate the most wonderful time of the year! Here are some tips to help you have a stress-free, relaxing and fun holiday while being the hostess with the mostest at the same time!
- Make a grocery list and do some shopping. Make sure to have easy grab and go snacks on hand, lots of drink options and simple things for breakfast and lunch that your guests can make themselves. Don't wear yourself out by feeling like you must fix an elaborate meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day you have company. Make sure extra toilet paper and paper towels are on your list!
- Childproof your home. If your guests have small children or babies, go through your home and put away any objects or decor that could become harmful.
- Set out towels and linens. Put towels, washcloths and linens in guest rooms or set them out in the bathroom. Place a jar of unused sample size or hotel toiletries in the bathroom like soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Pick up some extra toothbrushes and toothpaste just in case!
- Plan a night out to dinner. Relieve yourself of some stress and plan a night out at one of your favorite local restaurants. Don't worry about cooking or cleaning up and just relax!
- Have movies on hand. Everyone loves a good, classic Christmas movie. Have several DVDs of your favorite Christmas movies so your guests can enjoy them.
- Do a quick clean up before your guests arrive. De-clutter your guests bedrooms and bathrooms, remove unnecessary items on furniture surfaces so that your guests have plenty of space. Clean your bathrooms, toilets, vacuum, dust, etc. Your guests will appreciate the cleanliness and will respect your home.
The holidays are all about enjoying time with friends and family. So, most importantly, do just that! During this season, we hope that you take a moment to sit back and really take in all that Christmas means to you! If you're spending the holiday on the Crystal Coast or far away from our beach town, we hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas full of cheer!